Thursday, November 15, 2012

The One About Absence

So you know I was out for two days with a sick kid. Wow, it never cease to amaze me how being out for a day or two can really throw your classroom for a loop!

I mean, don't get me wrong, I had a great sub, I was über prepared, and my kids are great. But still. Getting back into the swing of things these past two days has me exhausted. I my defense though, this was already going to be a busy and crazy week. See, it's the week before a week-long Thanksgiving vacation. Add to that the fact that tomorrow is a 1/2 day (woo hoo!) and it's also our Grandparents'/Special Person's Day and the week gets wackier. As if that weren't enough, yesterday we had practice for tomorrow's big routine all afternoon. So it was effectively a 1/2 day, teaching wise that is. So, all in all it was technically a 3 1/2 day week. Of which I missed 2 days. You do the math. That means that my day and a half was exponentially crazier than was originally planned.

Oh well though, such is life. Don't get me wrong, it's been a great week, just crazy. I had originally planned on spreading my Thanksgiving activities over the course of the week. My absence changed that. Therefore we spent nearly all of today on Thanksgiving projects. The kids had a blast, learned a lot, and I had a great day too. A win all around.

I'll get around, hopefully soon, to posting about our Thanksgiving fun. I have to get my pictures uploaded to the computer first. But for now I'm going to call it a night early. I'm beat. Tomorrow's going to be busy so I need to be as ready as possible. I definitely see a trip to Starbucks and two shots of espresso in my morning! Night!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment