Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The One About Spring Break

Well, I'm still here.

I just needed a break.  You know what I mean?  Sometimes you do.  So I took one.  It just so happened that it conveniently coincided with Spring Break last week!  Were you on Spring Break last week?  This week?  Mine was great!  You can read all the details about my adventures at my personal blog here.  Suffice it to say I had a great time, despite the fact that both boys were sick for the majority of it.  However, that forced us to stay home and relax, which is always a good thing.

My kiddos were remarkably calm and normal when we returned on Monday.  Honestly, I was expecting a rough day or so as we adjusted to being back and the realization that it was the final break before summer and we still have a lot to do!  But they were troopers and jumped right back into the swing of things.  A few friends were slow to do so, but I quickly redirected them and reminded them of their in-school behavior and routines!  How are your kids after a break?  I find it varies so much from class to class and even student to student.  Teaching 1st Grade it also has a lot to do with maturity.  The friends who still struggle with immaturity often seem to have a more difficult time adjusting back.  Do you have that same issue?

It's great having 2 teachers in the family because Amy's Spring Break was last week also so it turned out to be a great family vacation!  It made us begin to long for the fun vacation days of summer!  But there's too much to do just yet before we begin thinking about that!  So many things happen here in the next 2 1/2 months at the end of the school year.  I'm sure you're familiar.  I'll be posting about it all, as well as some back posts about things from before Spring Break, namely Dr. Seuss!

Also in this post, aside from catching up and mentioning Spring Break.  You may have noticed the badge in the upper left corner of the blog.  What's that all about you ask?  Well, I have signed up to participate in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge.  Feel free to click on the link for more detailed information, but it is basically one massive blog hop for the month of April, set to the tune of an A-Z theme.  It is loads of fun and I did it last year on my personal blog and had a great time.  I found some great new blogs and met some great people too!  I'm hoping to have the same luck here this year.  Although the thought of doing 52 (26 posts for each blog) posts in one month is slightly daunting, I'm hoping to get a head start and schedule some of the posts.  

My theme for this year's challenge is Children's Books.  I love reading, which comes in handy in 1st Grade right?, and I have an obscene amount of children's books.  So, I thought that the challenge would be a great way for me to share some of my favorites with you.  I'm thinking of a quick review of the book, nothing fancy or professional, just my thoughts, as well as how I use the book in the classroom.  What do you think?  Sound good?  I'm stoked about it and cannot wait to get started on my posts.  It helps that I have a spreadsheet created listing all of the books I own so finding them will not be hard at all, with the exception of some of the tougher letters (I'm looking at you q, x, v!).  

So, join along with me in April and I hope we will have some fun and meet some new people.  I think that about wraps this post up.  It wasn't totally about Spring Break since I got off on a tangent a bit, but I was so excited about the A-Z challenge that I couldn't wait for another post!  

Thanks for hopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I am a mom of a first-grader and also a third-grader, so it is fun to read something from a teacher's point of view. And I LOVE it that your theme is going to be children's books for the A to Z! So cool. I will be back to check it out.

    Also, thank you SO MUCH for putting my blog on your sidebar! You just made my day. :)

    xxo
    MOV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks so much! I am excited about the children's books theme but I need to get started! You're very welcome! I enjoy it so I thought I'd spread it around!

    ReplyDelete