Thursday, August 1, 2013

The One About Summer Break

Hey!

How has your summer been going?  I hope well.  Mine has been awesome.

So awesome in fact that I took a break from blogging for most of the summer.  As you can tell.  

But I am back now.  Tomorrow is the last day of my summer vacation.  :(  I report back on Monday and then school starts on the 20th.  I can't believe how quickly this summer flew by.  Was yours the same?

I did a lot and I have to say, unashamedly, that I didn't do anything for school.  Well, that's not totally true.  I did begin by block plan for the year.  Well, sort of.  I got the dates and quarter breakpoints done.  That's it.

Sure, I had grandiose plans.  Plans for creating TPT products.  Plans for block planning.  Plans for looking over all of the new curriculum I'll have this next year and getting familiar with it.  But other stuff came up.  More important stuff.  Life family time.  Vacation.  Relaxing.  You know how it goes!

So, here I sit, facing the end of the summer break with tons of work looming before me. But I feel refreshed and ready to tackle it all.  I'm not going to lie and say I'm not nervous or slightly anxious about it, I am.  But I needed a break.  Needed a summer.  Needed a time off.  So I took it and I enjoyed every minute of it.

In case you're new or have forgotten, I'll be starting at a new school this year.  So that means I'm a newbie once again.  New policies and procedures to learn.  New coworkers.  A new boss who was my 8th Grade teacher!  Remember, this school is where I attended 2nd - 8th Grade!  So, it is a lot of new, but also a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to it.

We will see how long this positive attitude lasts once Monday comes and the meetings and classroom prep begin.  I have a feeling the anxiety and sense of overwhelming work will creep in as they always do.  But they can be great motivators.  Until then though I have one more day and a weekend to enjoy before it all begins!  I'm going to do my best to enjoy them and relax as much as possible!  Hope you had a great summer and are easing back into August and all of the craziness it brings!

Thanks for hopping by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment