Monday, April 22, 2013

The One About S - Stellaluna

I love this book!

Ok, so I say that a lot.  But I really do mean it each time.  Where do I begin with this story?  The beautiful illustrations by author/illustrator Janell Cannon?  The heartwarming story about self-discovery?  The suspenseful journey of a lost baby bat desperately trying to find her mother?  A story about how a friendship can grow despite differences?  Yes, yes, yes, and yes.  Plus I have a Book Buddy for this that the kids, boys and girls alike, adore!

There hasn't been a class that hasn't loved the story of Stellaluna.  Like myself, the kiddos always seem to find the story and pictures enthralling.  We go to this book time and time again to enjoy it.  It's just one of those books, there's just something about it.  At least for my kiddos and I that is.

I always read this one when we talk about friendship and fitting in.  We discuss how sometimes we are different and then try to hide those differences but it is always best to celebrate and use our differences.  It is also a go-to book when we study bats.  It doesn't have bat facts or info in it, but it just gives me another reason to read it! 

This is the first appearance of Janell Cannon on my list and I cannot wait to discuss the next one with you.  Are you a fan of her work?  What about Stellaluna?  Trust me, give it a try if you're unfamiliar, you'll fall in love!

Thanks for hopping by!      

No comments:

Post a Comment