Saturday, April 27, 2013

The One About X - X-Men and Xerxes

And I though "Q" was difficult.  

Unless you're going to read some X-Men comics or a biography about Xerxes, then you're pretty limited when it comes to reading something with a title beginning with "X".

I don't own a book that begins with "X".  Every other letter?  Sure, even "Q".  But "X"?  Nope.  So, I can't be of much help to you today.  Unless of course you find yourself a fan of the X-Men or Xerxes.

I read X-Men comics when I was a kid, but I don't have any in the classroom.  Time to change that?  I have read that providing comics to kids is a good way to get them interested in reading.  But then again I have also read that it is not.  Hmmmm, I wonder which is true.

Have you ever seen the movie 300?  King Xerxes in that movie is pretty wicked cool looking.  But that pretty much sums up my knowledge of him as I have never read any biographies.  Well, I guess he's mentioned in The Bible, but other than that.

So, there you have it.  2 choices to feel your "X" titled book needs.  Comics or biographies of ancient Persian kings.  Take your pick!

Any good "X" books you know of?  Any?  

Thanks for hopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment